Friday, April 11, 2008

Original Bucyrus Little Leaguers take the field

With great fear and trepidation, I will make a trek to Bucyrus, Ohio, in early May to play in a Little League "Old Timers" game. The two inning softball game will feature players from the 1953-60 era and will start at 5:30 PM on Friday, May 2. Having been a member of the Timken squad during the league's inaugural season, I will be one of the oldest participants. Taking into consideration that fact that I have not thrown or batted a ball in over thirty years, my play probably will not be a pleasant sight. I am in hopes that the league's officials will have adequate medical personnel on site. Regardless, I look forward to getting to visit with my old teammates and rivals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home